Thursday, May 20, 2010

halo


Nearly an year since I last wrote.. I did'nt abandon my blog but was super busy with my new SETTLED life.. Yess we have finally managed to achieve that and I have happily put my suitcases in the loft!! I have moved to London and I am thoroughly enjoying the new settled phase..

Now that I am settled I have started thinking (when I say thinking I mean dreaming!) about my career and the fading dream of becoming a designer like Anamika Khanna is more visible now!!

And I have decided to venture into Designing and becoming my own boss!! I have decided to bring very Indian good quality fabrics and prints to London and with my own ideas make modern style home furnishings!!!

I have thought of travelling every few months shop for fabrics and accessories that interest me and then make handmade furnishings... Although I wont be able to make a lot but the fact that each design would be different from another and very personalised.. I think it should appeal to my clients!! With this effort I wish to bring in my vision of how I see Indian festivals, its culture and its life.


The idea of using very vibrant prints and accessories may not be the newest concept that I can bring to London but my idea is to promote the real Indian textiles and bold mix n match of colors that can make a room look warm, welcoming and full of positive energy!

I am still struggling to come up with the nice name. Any suggestions on the concept are welcome and much appreciated!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Neha,

    Welcome to The Keybunch. Thanks for following our blog! Your post tells me you are someone to watch out for on the decor scene, and I do hope you will keep updating us on your designs and work.

    Good luck,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Neha!

    All the best...sounds exciting!
    When thinking of a name...you should go for something that you know you'll be able to keep for a long time and a name that also means something to you I guess..:)
    Let me know how you wish to progress on this and maybe we can collaborate...i'd love to help out in any way that i can!

    cheers
    Kanika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sharon.. Work is in progress, you will soon see some activity on this blog! :)

    Thanks kanika, i came up wit loads of names but yet to zero on one and yes working together is a super idea.. it wud be gr8 if u come to delhi in aug we can do sourcing together!

    ReplyDelete