Thursday, May 27, 2010

decoration dilemma...


since I have moved into my new house I have had trouble making up my mind on how should I decorate the place.. its been nearly 8 months and I have not made any progress, talking to my friend few days ago I decided to take it up now..

so I have taken out some to focus on home decoration.... sharing few ideas I got from my research...

remember the old pepsi crates.. think they are great storage solution, they are cool to look at and easy to handle!

these napkins holders are made out of cinnamon sticks, i am thinking of using sheets of thick paper and make my own .... very innovative and stunning!

loving the color full old liquor bottles, they add pretty hues to a space... i might have to get drunk in the coming weeks to make a quick collection :)

the use of natural materials in this case, cane basket and vase is a smart idea to bring earthy, rustic feel to a modern house...

decorative balls in a bowl is a cool concept...love the use of measuring tape, can also use different color laces... also love the ball with buttons.. m thinking of trying to make these with an old tennis ball, random colorful buttons and pearl head pins (to pin the buttons onto the tennis ball)... will update if the idea works!!!

this jute tissue box has attracted me the most.. a tissue box is as an essential element of my living room and i dont like the cardboard packaging that much.. so i am going to try and make this with macrame (that i learned at college!!) and slip my cardboard tissue box into this cover!!

hope these ideas inspire u guys and if u try them keep me posted.. toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment